In Pursuit of ProfitsTM
Discover How To Double Your Profits Without Increasing Your Sales. Including 1,000 Cost Control, Expense Reduction, And Income Producing Strategies You Can Start Using Today To Dramatically Increase Your Bottom Line.
“Every single chapter in this book is worth a hundred times more than the price of the whole book.”Edward LaPlant, Co-owner of Cycle Gear
From Author: Derrick Welch
If you are in business you know that labor, products, transportation, shipping, taxes, marketing and other business expenses only continue to rise. Your profits and cash flow are continuously being squeezed and making money is more challenging than ever before.
How Much Money is Your Business Leaving on the Table Every Day?
You are facing more regulation and rising costs than at any time in the history of modern business.
But what if I told you that your business could be making more profit right now… today. I’m not talking about a few pennies… I’m talking about a great deal more money. That’s right. You are missing out on profit in your business every second of operation. Not more sales… more profit.
Any way you look at it there are really only two basic ways to increase your profits.
You can either increase sales or decrease expenses. The overwhelming majority of business owners and managers in this country think that the most effective way to increase profits is to increase sales. Countless books have been written on this subject and there are thousands of seminars teaching companies how to increase sales held every day, in every city, in the country.
Businesses need sales but attempting to increase sales costs money. In most cases a great deal of money.
- Marketing costs money.
- Advertising costs money.
- Hiring and supporting more sales people costs money.
Each of these efforts can severely hinder your cash flow and none can guarantee your profits will increase.
How Can You Take Action That Guarantees a 100% Return?
The alternative way to increase profits is much easier and far more effective. You can generate significantly increased profits while dramatically improving cash flow by reducing expenses.
Look at this; if you increase sales by $10,000 you might realize a net bottom line pretax profit (after selling expenses, operating costs, cost of goods sold, etc.) of only a few hundred dollars.
For every dollar you increase sales you are only adding a couple of pennies to the bottom line!
Now look at this; if you reduce costs by that same amount of $10,000 you have just increased your bottom line by $10,000. The cost was zero.
Reducing expenses costs nothing, saves significant amounts of money, and will dramatically improve your profits and cash flow.
Hello, I’m Derrick Welch...
Although I have degrees in Business Administration, Marketing, and Management, most of what I have learned has been through trial and error. I have worked on the production floor and in the boardroom. I have helped run very successful companies and I have turned around companies that had been bleeding red. I have started at the bottom and worked my way up.
My book, In Pursuit of Profits, reveals the innovative strategies for greatly increasing profits that have helped make my employers and clients a great deal of money...
- The strategies I used to increase the profits of one company by over 1,000% in just 2 years.
- The strategies I used to lower the cost of goods sold in another company by over 10% over an 18 month period which for this company resulted in an effective dollar savings of over $350,000 or $1,405 per business day. At the 3% profit ratio this company originally had they would have needed a sales increase of over $11,000,000 to accomplish the same results! In this case this company would have had to more than triple sales to realize the same bottom line gain in profits.
- The strategies I used with one company that made them so profitable and made the owner so much money that the owner gave me 10% ownership of his nationwide multimillion dollar company!
Even if you are not a business owner, few things are more valuable to an employer than an employee whose ideas and efforts help increase profits and improve cash flow. This book will show you how to dramatically do both!
Having spent over 3 decades in senior management positions with both large and small companies I am not someone who has read about what to do, or has only told others what to do. I have done what I write about. I have years of hands-on experience in operations, marketing, administration, production, and in just about every other area of business.
“Welch Speaks from experience when he discusses the corporate world. Every strategy in the book is proven and versatile.”EnterpriseNews.com
You are Getting Over 1,000 Ways You Can Reduce Your Costs by 10%, 20%, 30%, Even 50% or More!
“In Pursuit Of Profits: How To At Least Double Your Profits Without Increasing Your Sales” helps management and employees think about costs and profits in a new way with over 1,000 proven and actionable strategies.” - Northwood University
You will find over 1,000 proven actionable cost control, expense reduction, and income producing strategies you can start using immediately to dramatically improve the daily cash flow and bottom line of your company; simple, easy to implement strategies that will have a stunning effect on your bottom line and daily cash flow.
- Get in tune with the real objective; to produce profits, not products or services.
- See the 5% solution. The secret to doubling your profits without increasing your sales.
- Discover how your actions or inactions have far reaching effects on your bottom line.
- Learn how to dramatically improve cash flow in every area of your business.
- See how to get employees enthusiastic about cutting costs and controlling expenses.
- Uncover the keys to total cost control.
- Discover the difference between a proactive and a reactive management style for cost cutting.
- Be surprised by how small savings can result in huge increases to your bottom line.
- See why customer service can be one of your best cost cutting tools.
- Learn how to cut costs in every area of the company to the bone without any sacrifice in quality or service.
- You get over 20 ways to reduce your borrowing and banking costs by 25% or more.
- You’ll discover more than 30 strategies to slash the cost of buying and owning company cars.
- Find out how to significantly increase credit availability while decreasing borrowing-related costs. Including 65 strategies for dramatically improving your cash flow while reducing your credit and collection costs.
- See how to eliminate credit risks while dramatically lowering credit and collection costs.
- Learn over 57 strategies to slash the cost of buying, owning, and maintaining any type of office or plant equipment by 25% to 50% or more.
- Be introduced to more than 97 ways to reduce your facility related costs by 20% – 30% or more.
- See over 50 ways to reduce your insurance premiums while maintaining maximum levels of coverage.
- Discover 92 strategies to dramatically increase the effectiveness of your marketing efforts while decreasing costs.
- 35 techniques to cut the costs of working with any type of “outside expert” — from accountants and consultants to lawyers and advertising agencies.
- See 51 immediate steps you can take to decrease your phone and fax related costs by 25% to 50%.
- Learn more than 32 strategies you can start using today to significantly reduce your printing and business forms expenses.
- You’ll get over 108 ways to cut your purchasing costs to the bone. From office supplies to inventory.
- How to turn your sales force from order takers into salespeople including 49 ideas to maximize your sales results while minimizing your sales related costs.
- More than 52 ways to decrease your travel costs.
- How to slash overnight mail and everyday shipping / packaging costs by 40% or more.
- Find out how to reduce personnel costs while increasing productivity including more than 82 ways to slash your personnel costs.
- And much more!
Any one of these strategies could save you hundreds or even thousands of times the investment of this book.
Depending on your company size, if you could double your profits you could add hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars or more to your bottom line every day. Think about what this would mean to your cash flow. Think about what this would mean to the profitability of your company.
If your profits last year were:
- $ 10,000
- $ 40 per day
- $ 50,000
- $ 200 per day
- $ 100,000
- $ 401 per day
- $ 500,000
- $ 2, 008 per day
- $ 1,000,000
- $ 4, 016 per day
- $ 5,000,000
- $ 20, 080 per day
- $ 10,000,000
- $ 40, 160 per day
- $ 50,000,000
- $ 200, 803 per day
Can You Do This In Your Company?
Yes you can! It does not matter whether you have $100,000 a year in sales or if you are a Fortune 500 company. The principles and benefits are the same.
I assure you few things in business can be accomplished with less effort that will have such a dramatic positive effect on your bottom line and daily cash flow. Dollars saved by reducing expenses and controlling costs have an immediate short and long term direct and very dramatic effect on the profit picture of your company.
But few companies make any serious ongoing effort to try to reduce or control costs. Those that do might spend only a fraction of the time and effort they spend on trying to increase sales on decreasing and controlling costs.
Imagine not paying much, if any, attention to 50% of your success formula! But this is exactly what happens in all too many companies. I would be willing to bet that this is exactly what happens in your company.
If you are a business owner think of what would it mean to the bottom line of your company if you could at least double your profits and dramatically increase your daily cash flow without increasing sales. “In Pursuit Of Profits” will provide you with the tools you need to do exactly that.
Do You Know All of Your Uncontrolled Costs?
Cost control and expense reduction are perhaps the two of most neglected areas of management in any company. Yet, they are without question the two areas of improvement that will have the most dramatic effect on your bottom line and, in fact, your entire operation, with the least amount of effort!
“Just one idea from this book added $100,000 to my bottom line!”Robert Sullivan, CEO, Sullivan Brothers
“Using the strategies in this book we were able to reduce our cost of goods sold by over 10%. An effective dollar savings of over $350,000, which resulted in a profit increase of over 800%.”William Clay, CEO, Walker-Clay, Inc.
What This Book Is Not...
“You won’t find any theories, unworkable concepts, or idealistic management techniques in this book. What you will find is down-to-earth, hard-hitting, actionable advice that will make a tremendous difference on the bottom line of your company or the direction of your career!” - Joe Kameese, Chairman and CEO, American Business Connections
Unlike far too many business books on the market today, you won’t find any fluff in this manual. This one-of-a-kind book contains no theory or academic idealism. It has no “pie in the sky” nonsense, no unworkable concepts, and no complex formulas.
It is not the latest “fad” management technique. It has no charts or graphs and no matter how hard you look you won’t find any fancy sounding buzzwords that sound great but have no meaning.
“Purposeful and objective …no smoke and mirrors…unadulterated facts. Authoritative authorship…zest and zeal…an often belligerent style that is tough, terse, and arrestingly honest. A riveting guide to mastering waste!” - Richard Edwin, CEO & President, Rockland Glass
What’s this Book Worth to You?
Even if you hire a consultant specializing in this area, if you can find one, I can guarantee you he or she would not give you even a fraction of the strategies you will find in “In Pursuit Of Profits”. At least not unless he or she has read this book!
Furthermore, a consultant would charge you $1,000 to $1,500 per day or more to give you a fraction of the valuable information this book will give you for less than $100! Imagine that. Just one day of a consultant’s time could cost you up to 25 times the cost of a book that provides you with over 3 decade’s worth of profit making knowledge.
“Perhaps it is time to forget about the never-ending stream of so-called revolutionary management techniques and start concentrating on the real reason you are in business. Profits is the name of the game and “In Pursuit Of Profits” will teach you how to play to win!”Frank Bunker, Regional Sales Manager
This book is not only for business owners; if you are a manager, supervisor or an employee, think of what it could mean to your job stability and your career advancement if you could help your company dramatically improve profits and cash flow.
For most people job security simply doesn’t exist anymore. But few things will make a manager or employee more valuable to their company than ideas and efforts that improve profits and cash flow.
Whether you are an owner, employee or in management think of what the knowledge contained in this book could do for you!
Take a Look Inside the Book...
Table of Contents
- A message from the author. 9
- Chapter 1. The simplicity of business Business can be pretty complex but making more money in business is actually quite simple.13
- Chapter 2. Questions are the key. The keys to total cost control.18
- Chapter 3. The domino effect Without it, you will never achieve total cost control.27
- Chapter 4. Do you know where your money goes and what you get in return? Your financial reports are your report card. They will tell you where you are going and how to get where you want to go.30
- Chapter 5. What is your management style? It can make a huge difference!.35
- Chapter 6. Your employees. You can't do it without themNo matter what you may think, you will never achieve the results you should unless you involve your employees.40
- Chapter 7. GoalsUnless you have actionable goals and a timetable for meeting these goals, your objectives amount to nothing more than wishful thinking.48
- Chapter 8. You must "Walk the Talk"You must demonstrate total commitment to your program of total cost control, otherwise you will never achieve the results you could.52
- Chapter 9. Small one time savings do not matter. Bull!If you have people on your staff who think that small savings do not matter, regardless of whether or not they are one time savings or repetitive savings, you had better change their thinking fast or get rid of them now.56
- Chapter 10. Money has a costHow much is yours costing you?60
- Chapter 11. Let's get startedA few things to think about before we get going with specific strategies to control your expenses and cut your costs.63
- Chapter 12. Banking / Loans / Lines of CreditLearn how to significantly lower your cost of borrowing, increase your credit lines without added cost, and lower your credit related processing costs.70
- Chapter 13. Company CarsFrom buying company cars to maintaining and insuring them, these strategies will show you how to slash your automobile related costs.79
- Chapter 14. Credit and collectionsHow you pay bills, extend credit, and collect receivables can make a huge difference on your bottom line. Learn how to reduce your credit risks, while dramatically lowering your accounts receivable and accounts payable costs.89
- Chapter 15. Customer serviceCustomer service should be one of your best marketing tools. Is yours? Isn't it about time you turned this cost center into a profit center?114
- Chapter 16. Equipment / maintenance / service / service contractsFrom front office equipment to production and warehouse equipment cut your purchasing, maintenance, and supply costs by 25% to 50% or more. Includes a special section on coffee services, vending machines, and bottled water.122
- Chapter 17. Facility related overheadFrom buying or leasing a new facility, to trash disposal and furniture purchases, this chapter will show you how to cut your costs to the bone. From first aid supplies to cutting your energy costs by 25% or more this chapter will give you strategies you can start using today to dramatically improve your bottom line.146
- Chapter 18. Insurance, including workers' compensationInsurance is a major expense for most companies. Think of how much you pay each year for business insurance, auto insurance, equipment insurance, and workers' compensation insurance just to name a few. Start minimizing these costs today!176
- Chapter 19. MarketingFrom dealing with ad agencies and design houses to placing media and conducting research, I will give you strategies you can start using today to dramatically improve the cost effectiveness of your marketing efforts. From trade shows and direct mail, to co-op programs and promotional products, this chapter will give you the tools you need to maximize your results while minimizing your costs.192
- Chapter 20. Outside expertsIf you deal with any kind of "outside expert" including lawyers, accountants, consultants, and outside agencies you need to read this chapter. You may be shocked when you see how much money you are wasting.242
- Chapter 21. PersonnelThis chapter will give you dozens of strategies that will show you how to significantly lower your personnel related costs. From human resources, procedures, policies, and benefits to hiring, compensating, and terminating employees, the strategies I give you here can make a tremendous difference not just on your bottom line but throughout your company.254
- Chapter 22. Phones / FaxThe amount of money you are wasting on fax transmissions as well as incoming and outgoing phone calls will probably shock you. The strategies in this chapter will show you how to cut these costs by 25% to 50% or more.294
- Chapter 23. Printing and business formsFrom printed forms, printed promotional products and literature to the ownership of materials involved, I will show you how to control the process while slashing your costs.306
- Chapter 24. Purchasing, including office supplies and inventoryIf you purchase anything for any area of your company, read this chapter today. If you are like most companies, you are spending at least 25% to 80% of all your income on some type of outside purchasing. The strategies in this chapter alone could enable you to double your profits.321
- Chapter 25. SalesWhat do you have working for you, order takers or salespeople? Learn how to start getting significantly more sales for the sales dollars you spend.373
- Chapter 26. Shipping & receivingThese strategies will show you how to cut your costs in these areas by up to 40% or more with very little effort.399
- Chapter 27. TravelStop being taken for a ride and start traveling for far less than you now pay.417
- Chapter 28. The 5% solutionThe secret to doubling your profits without increasing your sales.428
- Closing Thoughts435
- About the Author438
STOP LOSING PROFITS
Order Right Now and You’ll Also Receive My Latest eBook FREE...
You are not only going to get over 1000 proven methods that show you exactly how to add hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of dollars or more per day to the bottom line of your company, for a limited time you will also be getting a free copy of my newest book “Defy Mediocrity. Choose to be uncommon. Think of the alternative”.
This eBook has a sales price of $29.99 and is free with your order of “In Pursuit Of Profits: How To At Least Double Your Profits Without Increasing Your Sales.”
Why You Want to Read “Defy Mediocrity”...
- If you are seeking ways to make your job far more secure in this age of employment instability, this book will show you how.
- If you want to move ahead in your career and your life as rapidly as possible, this book will show you how.
- If you want to become much better at what you do and how you do it, this book will show you how.
- If you want to begin to reach the levels of potential you have within you, this book will show you how.
- This book was written specifically to help give you the tools you need to become the best you can in your career and in life.
“The invaluable advice in your book has changed my life during the last few months and gave me a vision to know how to plan and manage my life and my future. Thank you Derrick you are a mentor in my life.”Bryce Jeon Seoul, Korea
You Can’t Go Wrong with My Triple No Risk Money Back Guarantee!
Here’s how it works...
My Triple Guarantee...
1.) If you don’t dramatically increase the profits of your business by thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars...
2.) If you don’t feel ANY of the over 1,000 cost control, expense reduction, and income producing strategies apply to your business or can cut your expenses with little time and effort.
3.) Or for ANY OTHER REASON whatsover you decide you don’t want the book and just want a refund...
I will refund every cent within 60 days of your order. It doesn’t get any fairer than that. Like the thousands who have this book in their hands I would love to hear from you and hear about how much money I put in your pocket.
Get Instant Access to Both Books Now and Save Over 55%!
For a limited time you can order your copy today FOR ONLY $49.99 and receive your FREE copy of my newest eBook “Defy Mediocrity: Choose to be Uncommon. Think of the Alternative” a $29.99 value free.
YES! I Want To Discover How To Double My Profits Without Increasing My Sales. Including 1,000 Cost Control, Expense Reduction, And Income Producing Strategies I Can Start Using Today To Dramatically Increase My Bottom Line. PLUS Get Defy Mediocrity for FREE!
“Try Out My Books for 60 Days and Implement Some of the Strategies.
If You Don’t Dramatically Increase Your Profits, I’ll Glady Provide You a Complete, No-Hassle Refund.”
Join owners, executives, managers, and employees from the growing list of Fortune 1000 companies to small businesses who are using my books to dramatically increase their profits…